It’s the Friday before Memorial Day, and chances are you’re already mentally stretched out on a lounge chair or chowing down on a burger (#cheatweekend) at your rooftop cookout. And the best part? Whether you’re planning to use the unofficial start of summer to get out there and get active or park your booty with a good book, this is just the first of many fun-and-sun-filled weekends in your near future.
But before you pack up and Uber off into long-weekend bliss, we wanted to share our favorite "gym bags" that are actually perfect for your weekend travels. Why would you want separate work bags and weekend bags and gym bags (oh my!), when these picks have you covered no matter what you’re getting up to?
1. The Flex Bag by Sol + Selene. Flex is right. This cozy-chic bag will look just as good in the locker room of your favorite spin studio as it will catching a train to the beach. $110.
2. The Signature Dani Backpack by Le Sportsac. We’re sure you’ve seen (and admired) Le Sportsac’s versatile styles over the years. But we have to admit, we love this durable backpack that offers a chill twist on a brand typically known for its funky prints. $158.
3. The Metro Tote by MZ Wallace. Sorry to break it to you: this camo tote is way more likely to make you stand out than blend into your surroundings. But if you’re into carrying enough supplies with you to survive on a deserted island for a week at any given time, this could be the bag for you. $225.
4. The Jessica Bag by Persu. Kickstarter-funded Persu is seeking to “redefine athletic bags for the modern and active lifestyle,” and if you ask us, they’re doing a pretty great job. When your gym bag can join you on a dinner date, you know you’ve hit the accessory jackpot. $150 (on sale right now!).
5. The Work it Out Gym Bag by Ban.do. This one’s pretty self-explanatory. Gym? Walk in the park? Date? Drinks with your best friend? Just try finding us a situation where it’s not appropriate to cap it off with a warm pizza slice. $28.
6. The Floral Canvas Duffel by Ralph Lauren. Wondering why this whimsical, do-it-all duffel is so affordable? Hot tip: when it comes to the "girls" section, accessories can be for both the young and young-at-heart. $50.
7. The Bananas Gym Bag from Adidas. We all know the classic Adidas duffel (and the fresh-off-the-field soccer players usually spotted toting it around). This fun and fruity twist on their no-frills bag is right up our alley. $70.
We’re always looking to keep it stylish both in and out of the gym, and since you're here, we bet you are, too! Sign up for SweatStyle to begin getting activewear curated to your lifestyle delivered to your door.